Students studying Level 3 or 4 courses, aged 19 years old or over can apply for the Advanced Learning Loan for support towards the cost of their course. These loans help to pay the tuition fees charged by the College. Most learners aged 19 and over, studying at Level 3 or Level 4 will qualify for these loans from the UK government.
The student’s household income to apply for the loan is not taken into account and there is no credit check.
Students will not have to pay the loan back until their income is over £27,295 per year.
For further information about the loan, eligibility and how to apply see the Government website here
Advanced Learning Loan - Additional Financial Support
If you are approved for the Advanced Learner Loan you may also be eligible for support with childcare and financial support towards course associated costs from the Advanced Learner Loan Bursary. You must be in receipt of at least £300.00 Advanced Learner Loan to receive the ALL Bursary.
To apply for this support, the student’s gross household income has to be £30,000 or less and they must have an approved loan with Advanced Learning Loans Company.
The student needs to live more than a 15-minute walk away from the College to apply. Travel support will be a contribution for the number of days the student is timetabled to attend College.
Childs Age Weekly Allowance
6 months to 23 months £210.00 per week
2 years and over £180.00 per week
The childcare provider needs to be Ofsted Registered and students would need to provide full birth certificate(s). Please note we will provide support for a maximum of 2 children
A one-off payment either paid to the department or directly to the student’s bank account within the academic year.
Applying for Advanced Learning Loan Support Checklist
Students need to fully complete the online application, click here for Application Form
- Evidence of student’s current residency (passport, British passport, biometric card, home office documents, travel document)
- Evidence that you and your spouse (if applicable) are in receipt of:
- Support Letter from DWP
- Income based JSA
- Income ESA
- Support under Part IV of the Immigration & Asylum Act
- Universal Credit
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Tax Credit Award Notice for the qualifying year
- Tenancy agreement/rent
- Working Tax Credit for the qualifying year
- Recent bank statements showing receipt of benefits (if you do not have the benefits letters)
- Recent payslips (last 3 months) or tax return/accountant’s letter will only be required to evidence household gross annual income
- Advanced Learning Loan Approval Letter