Joining a course starting in early 2018
Make 2018 a year of success for you with a course at the College of North West London.
Courses starting soon:
- ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages). Various ESOL courses starting April 2018. To apply please complete the form here
- Certificate for IT Users Level 1. Suitable for students aged 24+. Starts 17 April 2018. Part-time details here
- Certificate for IT Users Level 2. Suitable for students aged 24+. Starts 16 April 2018. Part-time details here
- Welding Modules in MMA, MIG and TIG Welding. Starts April 2018. Part-time. Details here
Award in Introductory Manual Metal Arc (MMA) Welding (QCF): Level 1
Award in Introductory Metal Inert Gas (MIG) Welding (QCF): Level 1
Award in Introductory Tungsten Inert Gas (TIG) Welding (QCF): Level 1
To apply for a course, please drop in to see us or complete the form here
What do you need to enrol?
Depending on your course, you may need to:
- complete an initial assessment (not a test - no pass or fail)
- have an interview with a subject specialist (interviews available on a drop-in basis)
To complete your enrolment, you will also need to bring
- Proof of identification (for example, passport, driving licence, birth certificate, or recently dated Home Office documents)
Plus, if relevant, the items below:
- Method of payment for course fees (All full-time courses for under-19s are free. Over-19s: fees will vary according to your circumstances - see below)
- If your employer is paying your fees, please bring a confirmation letter from them.
You may be entitled to a concessionary fee if you are unemployed or in receipt of any of the following benefits
- Job Seeker's Allowance (JSA)
- Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Child's Tax Credit (not Working Tax)
- Carer's Allowance
- Housing or Council Tax Benefit
- Child Benefit
- Income Support
- Disability Allowance
Please bring documents dated in the last 3 months to support this. We cannot accept UB40 signing on book as proof of evidence for JSA. If any further documents are required we will ask you about this during the enrolment process.
What happens if I do not have all documents with me?
We can still discuss your course options with you, and if you are suitable for a place on a course, make you a conditional offer. Your place is not confirmed, however, until you have completed enrolment, so to avoid disappointment please return as soon as possible with the documents required.
Why do I need to bring these documents?
Please note we are required to view and record documentation by funding and government bodies.