Distance Learning Courses in Health & Social Care
The College of North West London is working with the Skills Network to deliver a range of distance learning courses in Health & Social Care.
The courses are ideal for people who want to:
- Develop their career in the care sector by learning new skills and gaining new qualifications
- Change career into the care sector
The courses are self-taught with online and paper-based materials supplied. You have a tutor, based in the College, who can provide support on the phone or over email and will help you complete your course successfully.
The courses are available FREE to anyone who is not currently enrolled on a full-time course. (subject to eligibility, see below)
For more information or to apply for a place on these courses, please contact the course managers via email
Counselling Skills - Level 2 Certificate
Awareness of Mental Health Problems
Principles of Care Planning
Common Health Conditions
Equality and Diversity
Information, Advice and Guidance
Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
Principles of Dementia Care
Principles of End of Life Care
Principles of Working with Individuals with Learning Disabilities
Understanding the Safe Handling of Medication
Understanding Dignity and Safeguarding in Adult Health and Social Care
Understanding the Care Management of Diabetes
Understanding Nutrition and Health
Introducing Caring for Children and Young People
Certificate in Principles of Team Leading
Occupational Health and Safety Level 2
Certificate in Understanding Behaviour
For more information on each course please email us
The above courses are free to anyone
- Who is not currently enrolled on a full-time course in a UK college, university or training provider.
- Is a citizen of a European Union country or who is living in the UK with 'leave to remain' status.
Joining the course
- There is a literacy and numeracy assessment to ensure the course is suitable for you.
- The courses are taught by distance learning so you can start regularly throughout the year.
These courses are offered by The Skills Network in partnership with The College of North West London.