This course provides the technical and academic skills and knowledge to pursue further career opportunities in civil engineering employment disciplines.
* Construction Technology
* Mathematics for Construction
* Science & Materials
* Principles of Structural Deisgn
* Surveying, Measuring and Setting out
Year 2 – specialist technical units to be agreed with learners and employers
You will need to spend
The Course Specification (published by Pearson Edexcel) can be found here
- 8 hours per week attending college
- 12-14 hours individual study, research and assignment work
What are the entry requirements?
• A related Level 3 qualification in Construction & the Built Environment
• A GCE Advance level profile with strong performance in a related subject
• Related work experience
• An international equivalent of the above
You will also need a suitable level of English and Maths
How is the course taught?
• Formal Teaching sessions
• Individual research
• Employers’ support
• Group discussions
• Industry guest speakers and presentations
How will I be assessed?
• Written Assignments
• Individual and Group presentations
• Group Project
• In class timed assessment
What support is available?
Our qualified tutors will support and guide you in the classrooms/workshops and through tutorials as they help you to develop the skills and techniques required in industry. Learning Support is also available for those with learning difficulties/disabilities; please let us know on application if you require this service. If you need help or advice on other matters such as welfare and finance, please contact our Course Information Centres at Willesden or Wembley Park.
What social activities can I take part in?
We offer a programme of social and sports activities to all our students; full information is available from the Student Room at your centre of study. Student rooms are available for those who want to play games, meet up with friends or just chill.
What facilities and resources are available?
A range of snacks, hot and cold foods are available to purchase in the canteen and café facilities, as well as vending machines. Halal meat and washing facilities are available at both centres. We have Quiet Rooms for those preferring to reflect. LRCs (libraries) are available at both centres, fully equipped with a wide range of learning materials and qualified friendly staff on hand to support you.