This qualification is for learners wanting to learn the basic skills and knowledge involved in plumbing. The qualification covers a range of basic tasks and underpinning knowledge involved in plumbing.
You will study a range of practical techniques required for the industry, together with plumbing principles and technology.
The units covered are:
* Structure of the construction industry
* Fundamental safe working practices
* Environmental and sustainability measures in domestic dwellings
* Site preparation for working in the construction industry
* Above ground drainage
* Copper pipework
* Plastic pressure pipework
* Low carbon steel pipework
* Installation, repair and maintenance of plumbing systems
* Plumbing science
What are the entry requirements?
You will need English and Maths skills at Entry 3/Level 1. If you do not have evidence of your English and Maths levels you will be given an online English and Maths assessment after you submit your application. You may also be asked to complete a piece of free writing or a vocational assessment.
How is the course taught?
You will be taught practical sessions in fully equipped workshops. Theory session will be delivered in the classroom using a range of teaching tools and techniques
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed on an ongoing basis through assignments, and practical tasks