For candidates who want to work as electricians in the building services engineering sector. It allows candidates to learn, develop and practise the skills required for employment and career progression in the electrical sector
You will study a range of practical techniques required for the industry, together with electrical technology and scientific principles.
The units covered are:
* Health and safety in building services engineering
* Understand the fundamental principles of environmental technology Systems
* Principles of electrical science
* Electrical installations: fault diagnosis and rectification
* Electrical installations: inspection, testing and commissioning
* Electrical systems design
* Career awareness in building services engineering
What are the entry requirements?
You will be required to have a level 2 Diploma in Electrical Installation and GCSE A to C in Maths and English or an equivelant Level 2 functional skill in those areas. If you do not have evidence of your English and Maths levels you will be given an online English and Maths assessment after you submit your application. You may also be asked to complete a piece of free writing or a vocational assessment. If you meet the entry requirements you will then be offered an interview with a tutor to discuss the course.
How is the course taught?
You will be taught practical sessions in fully equipped workshops. Theory session will be delivered in the classroom using a range of teaching tools and techniques
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed on an ongoing basis through assignments, online tests and practical tasks