The essential qualification for everyone working in the electrical industry.
The IET Wiring Regulations (BS 7671) are the definitive standards for the electrical industry in respect of safe use and operation of electrical equipment and systems. They set requirements and operating criteria for the UK and correspond to EC standards and are recognised by the British Standards Institute as a British Standard (BS 7671). It is intended to ensure that individuals are conversant with the format, content and application of the Requirements for Electrical Installations BS 7671:2018.
You will study a range of practical techniques required for the industry, together with electrical technology and scientific principles.
The units covered are:
- Understand the scope, object and fundamental principles of BS7671.
- Understand the definitions used within BS7671.
- Understand how to assess the general characteristics of electrical installations
- Understand requirements of Protection for safety for electrical installations
- Understand the requirements for Selection and erection of equipment for electrical installations
- Understand the requirements of Inspection and testing of electrical installations
- Understand the requirements of special installations or locations as identified in BS 7671.
- Understand the information contained within the appendices of BS7671.
What are the entry requirements?
You need to be working in the electrical installation industry or seeking employment in the sector.
How is the course taught?
There are the following options for completing this course:
• e-learning course (7 hour) – This is for electricians who need to upskill to the 18th edition
• e-learning course (35 hour) – This is for students new to the industry and require to understand the 18th edition and its meaning
• evening course (8 evenings) – this is for students who would like to come to college and gain an understanding of the 18th edition from one of our experienced lecturers (£395)
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed on an ongoing basis through assignments, online tests and practical tasks