Students studying Level 4 or 5 courses can apply for the Student Finance Loan
towards the cost of their course. These loans help to pay for the tuition fees charged by the College. Most learners on Higher Level courses aged 18 and over will qualify for these loans from the UK government.
Students will not have to pay the loan back until their income is over £21,000 a year.
For further information about the loan, eligibility and how to apply see the Government website here
Bursary Support will only be approved if the student meets the following criteria:
- The student has applied and provided evidence showing that they have been approved for the Student Finance Loan. We require the Student Finance Letter clearly stating that your loan has been approved for the allocated amount and payment will be made directly to The College of North West London.
- The student has fully completed the online application form and provided all supporting evidence.
Student’s gross annual household income is £25,000 or less.
Applying for HE Bursary Support
Students need to fully complete the online application form on pay my student and upload/scan all supporting evidence for their application here.
Evidence of student’s current residency (passport, British passport, biometric card, home office documents, travel document)
Evidence that you and your spouse (if applicable) are in receipt of:
- Support Letter from DWP
- Income based JSA
- Income ESA
- Support under Part IV of the Immigration & Asylum Act
- Universal Credit
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Tax Credit Award Notice for the qualifying year
- Tenancy agreement/rent
- Working Tax Credit for the qualifying year
- Recent bank statements showing receipt of benefits (if you do not have the benefits letters).
- Recent payslips (last 2 months) or tax return/accountant’s letter will only be required to evidence household gross annual income.
- Confirmation letter from Student Finance Loans Company