College of North West London Careers Advisers offer a professional and impartial advice service to all students. Our qualified careers advisers can support you by:
- Providing you with one to one confidential and impartial careers guidance
- Raising your aspirations by helping you to evaluate your career ideas and identify your career goals.
- Advising you on courses and progression routes
- Helping you to explore all your educational and career options
- Developing your CV and interview techniques
- Supporting you with your University Application (UCAS)
- Providing you with up-to-date Labour Market Information
What is Labour Market Information (LMI?)
LMI tells you about current and forecast job opportunities in different sectors. For example, it can tell you what average salaries are for particular roles, whether industries are predicted to expand or contract, and about technological or training changes. It is very helpful in planning your career, and therefore in helping you decide what course to choose.
The buttons below will take you to information provided by LMI for All - an online data portal, developed by the UK Commission for Employment and Skills, which brings together existing national sources of LMI that can inform people’s choices about their careers.
Support from CNWL Careers staff
Our advisers can help you to stay focused throughout your studies by helping you to set realistic goals and providing you with up-to-date careers information. At the end of each guidance session, you will receive an action plan which will support you with identifying your next steps. Follow-ups appointments can also be made should you wish to see the adviser again.
Our careers advisers spend time at both the Willesden and Wembley campuses and appointments can be made via the course information centre. To book an appointment with a careers adviser contact the course information team on:
0208 208 5050 or e-mail the careers advisers at firstname.lastname@example.org
We also work with the National Careers Service to ensure our students have further opportunities for support.