Apprenticeship Information for Employers
Apprenticeships are work-based training programmes designed around the needs of your business, which lead to nationally recognised qualifications for your staff.
- Functional Skills (English, Maths, and ICT), portfolio and test
- NVQ portfolio
- Technical Certificate
- Additional qualifications, specific to the trade
The Government has created 2m more apprenticeships and has reformed the programme to deliver 75,000 more Apprenticeship places at Advanced level and above.
The nationally-funded Apprenticeship Programme is open to 16 – 18 year olds. Adult Apprentices (aged 19 and over) will require their employers to pay a contribution towards their training.
To read more about Apprenticeships go to www.apprenticeships.org.uk/employers.
Apprenticeships at the College of North West London
We are a large training provider based in the London Borough of Brent. We have well established links with over 100 companies in the South East who send their Apprentices to us to complete their frameworks.
Currently we have over 1000 Apprentices on Apprenticeship and Advanced Apprenticeship programmes working towards accreditation.
What we can offer you
- Regular feedback on your Apprentices’ progress
- On site visits by our Assessors
- A dedicated team of staff as point of contact for your queries
- Help to place your Apprentices on programmes
- Help to fill Apprenticeship vacancies you may have
As the employer of an apprentice, it is your responsibility to:
- Ensure your Apprentices are employed full-time by your company under UK Employment Law
- Pay wages under the PAYE scheme
- Ensure wages are in line with minimum statutory requirements for Apprentices
- Include your employees’ College days in their contracts
- Pay your contribution for apprentices aged 19+ when invoiced by the College
- Provide a range of work opportunities in order for your Apprentices to meet the required NVQ standards
- Provide access for College staff to visit your Apprentices on site or in the workplace
- Ensure Health and Safety requirements are met and that Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is provided where necesssary
- Nominate Supervisors/Mentors to support and encourage your Apprentices to achieve their targets and qualifications
How to recruit an apprentice
If you are considering taking on an Apprentice or are looking for an Apprentice to fill a job vacancy, we support the following sectors: