Enrol NOW at the King's Cross Construction Skills Centre

Just drop in from 9am to 1pm on Tuesday and Thursday - no appointment necessary. Friends and parents are also welcome to come in with applicants.

Find us at: King's Cross Construction Skills Centre, at 180 York Way, London N1C 0AZ.

At the centre we teach skills in construction for school leavers and adults. Our range of courses includes:
- Carpentry
- Brickwork
- Electrical Installation
- Plumbing
- We also offer apprenticeships and short courses

For more details see our King's Cross Courses Page here

What do you need to enrol?

Depending on your course, you may need to:
- complete an initial assessment (not a test - no pass or fail)
- have an interview with a subject specialist (interviews available from 24 August on a drop-in basis)

To complete your enrolment, you will also need to bring
  • Proof of identification (for example, passport, driving licence, birth certificate, or recently dated Home Office documents)
Plus, if relevant, the items below:
  • Method of payment for course fees (All full-time courses for under-19s are free. Over-19s: fees will vary according to your circumstances - see below)
  • If your employer is paying your fees, please bring a confirmation letter from them.

Fee concessions

You may be entitled to a concessionary fee if you are unemployed or in receipt of any of the following benefits
  • Job Seeker's Allowance (JSA)
  • Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
  • Child's Tax Credit (not Working Tax)
  • Carer's Allowance
  • Housing or Council Tax Benefit
  • Child Benefit
  • Income Support
  • Disability Allowance
Please bring documents dated in the last 3 months to support this. We cannot accept UB40 signing on book as proof of evidence for JSA. If any further documents are required we will ask you about this during the enrolment process.
What happens if I do not have all documents with me?
We can still discuss your course options with you, and if you are suitable for a place on a course, make you a conditional offer. Your place is not confirmed, however, until you have completed enrolment, so to avoid disappointment please return as soon as possible with the documents required.
Why do I need to bring these documents?
Please note we are required to view and record documentation by funding and government bodies.
The King's Cross Construction Centre is run by the College of North West London in partnership with Camden Council.